Friday, October 24, 2014

My Twelfth Chemo Costume: Katniss Everdeen

Twelfth and final chemo infusion. Yay!

Super strange. And SUPER EXCITING!!!


Also, not very eventful. No anticipatory nausea or vomiting, thank my Lucky Charms. Ditching prepackaged saline in favor of hand-prepped saline proved the biggest help. I still had a few minor bouts of nausea, took a decent nap during infusion time, slept most of the day when I got home, and my appetite is currently nil.

BUT I'M DONE!

Aaalmost, still have a couple weeks of side effects and fatigue to battle through. No biggie. Been there, done that.

Next week I'll have a PET scan to make sure the all nasty cancer cells are defeated, and hopefully soon thereafter I can officially announce that I am a survivor!


Much like the inspiration for my twelfth costume: 


Katniss Everdeen







Oops. Katniss is a better archer than I am.

That's okay. I've got my costumes.

My incredible infusion nurses: Cheri, Mary, Jayne, and Terri.


For Funzies:

(Other favorites include: episode 6, episode 8episode 11, and episode 13)




2 comments:

  1. Yeah Amanda! You did it!! I have loved reading your blog-- so honest and raw. You are a fantastic writer and awesomist ;) Wishing you all the best! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete