Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Eleventh Chemo Costume: Kermit the Frog Princess

My penultimate chemo treatment! Only one more to go!

I love shopping at thrift stores for costume pieces.

A few months ago I happened to find this gorgeous evening gown for $10 and it happened to be a perfect fit. When I told the sales clerk I planned to use it as one of my chemo costumes, she gave me a 50% discount. Yup, that's a $5 gown right there!

As pretty as the dress is itself, I couldn't help adding a little twist.


So, without further ado, I present Kermit the Frog Princess!


This princess has only one wish: for a banjo ukulele.

Frog princesses don't wave. They flail enthusiastically!


As for updates, everything is going smoothly. Side effects have been less severe than they were in the beginning and middle of my journey. I think my body is adjusting. Nausea is still annoying, but at least this time my breakfast stayed down! YaaAaAAaay!



Mahna Mahna, my friends!


Just for kicks and giggles, leaps and ribbits, here is one of my favorite Muppet songs:



No comments:

Post a Comment