Sunday, July 6, 2014

My Fourth Chemo Costume: Behind the Scenes

I want my Renaissance Faire post to retain its charm and joviality, which is why I am creating this as a separate post. 

I want my readers to know how excited I was to create that post and to dress up and be silly with my mom and sister. Constructing the Ren Faire was a lot of fun. Huzzahs all around!

However, I also want to reveal behind the scenes and after-the-fact. I know I make it look like it's all fun and games, when in reality there is always a cost. 

After the Ren Faire:



Off with the constraining corset and farewell headache-inducing headband.

So far this is the most nauseous I have felt during and after a chemo treatment. Prior to each infusion, my nurses give me three types of anti-nausea meds via IV. This is the first time I had to resort to back-up anti-nasuea meds as well, both while I was still getting chemo and during the following weekend.

The pink bucket was there just in case...well...you get the idea. Haven't used it yet.

Was the Ren Faire worth it? Ab-so-lute-ly!

Will I go to such efforts again? Probably not. At least not for a while.

Don't worry. I have plenty of costumes planned for my future treatments. However, I will have to tone the photo sessions and story lines down a notch, or ten. It's exhausting going up to eleven all the time. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment